Stephanie Says

Watch this space.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Porter Goss on Plamegate

I'm sure this is reassuring to the remaining undercover CIA operatives whose identities have not yet been revealed by the White House.


Rep. Porter Goss said Thursday that the uproar over allegations that White House officials purposely identified a covert CIA agent appears largely political and doesn't yet merit an investigation by the House Select Committee on Intelligence, which he chairs.

****

"I would say there's a much larger dose of partisan politics going on right now than there is worry about national security," said Goss, R-Sanibel. "But I would never take lightly a serious allegation backed up by evidence that there was a willful -- and I emphasize willful, inadvertent is something else -- willful disclosure, and I haven't seen any evidence."

Goss said he would act if he did have evidence of that sort.

"Somebody sends me a blue dress and some DNA, I'll have an investigation," Goss said. - *link*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home